FOOD FOR THOUGHT




UPCOMING EVENTS

Let the Beerfests Begin!



I can't tell you how excited I am to see that all of the seasonal beers are being released, on top of the fact of all the local harvests and beer festivals that go along with it!

Just last week, my g/f, my friends, Steve-O and Rando, and myself were at the local Rt 114 Kappy's buying some boozages, when I noticed that there was something in an orange 6 holder labelled "Harvest Moon", by the same company that makes Blue Moon. I didn't know what the hell it was, so I read it. After reading that it contained assorted spices and pumpkin, I realized that the time I love best is here.

I rushed around the store looking around for signs that I was correct. BAM! I spotted a stack of towering 12s of Sam Adams OctoberFest.

I was really psyched now. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted what I was looking for. That lucious blue box that had two of my favorite words on it... Shipyard, and Pumpkinhead. YES.

We drank nothing but Pumpkinhead all that weekend. Now, only 2 weeks since its release, we have probably gone through about 6 or 7 12s of Pumpkinhead. I'm in heaven!

Speaking of heaven, there are two upcoming beer festivals that I am completely head over heels for. One being the annual Ipswich Harvest Festival. This year they are doing things a little different. They are going to be hosting at a local farm located in Hamilton. It's gunna be the same old stuff, but a classic nonetheless. Hope to see you there!

The second, and what I'm looking foward to, is the Beer Summit Octoberfest (Sam Adams Octoberfest). For a measly 15 bucks, you'll get your 1st pint free, and a commemorative glass to stumble home with. But this is what I'm interested in. They will be serving 15 of their awesome Sam Adams creations, including their Black Ale, 2 brand new sample beers (a blackberry ale, and a coffee stout)! I am under the assumption that if they are serving sample beers, that you would be able to vote to which is your favorite. They are also bringing back the loser of the last sample competition, the Dunkelweiss!!!

Here is a link to the different brews of awesomeness that Sam Adams will be presenting.

Check the links that I have listed above for the dates, times, locations, and ticket info.

I really hope to see you all there!!!

No comments: